Milena was born in Zagreb, Croatia, where she attended the Academy of Fine Arts (Printmaking Department). After arriving in Britain, she studied in Brighton Polytechnic, Faculty of Art and Design, (Department of Fine Art) and gained a BA Hons degree. Since then she has held a number of residencies and placements and has exhibited regularly, in Britain and abroad.
Milena has had over 40 solo exhibitions in Britain, Croatia, Germany and Switzerland. Her prints have been exhibited in the International Print Exhibitions in Britain, Poland, Brazil, Spain and South Korea.
Milena’s work is in the following collections:
• Calderdale Museum, Halifax
• Dean Clough, Halifax
• Grundy Art Gallery, Blackpool
• Manchester City Art gallery
• Sheffield Hallam University
• Tintagel House, Sheffield
• Center for Rehabilitation for Victims of Torture, London
• Camphill Village Trust, Malton
• Muzej Moderne Umjetnosti, Zagreb
• Municipal Museum, Lodz